- Pricing 100% 100%
- Guarantees 100% 100%
- Efficiency 100% 100%
- Customer Service 100% 100%
- Window condensation – Beads of water on windows
- Pools of Water on the windowsill
- Beads of water on external walls
- Damp patches on external walls
- Damp patches on ceilings
- Damp patches in the corners of rooms
- Damp internal walls
- Black mould on window frames, window recesses and windowsills
- Black mould on walls – particularly corners and recesses with little air flow
- Black mould in cupboards
- Black mould on curtains and clothes
- Wet internal walls
- Black mould on carpets – can be a symptom of condensation but is more often a sign of penetrating damp especially if you don’t have any of the symptoms above
Increasing ventilation helps improve condensation problems in the home. Home remedies can be as simple as opening windows ( particually when cooking or drying laundry), or for windows that lock partly open, leaving them like this more often.
You could also get vents installed, such as: air bricks (bricks specially made with small holes in) added to the outside walls; air vents for internal walls or sealed chimneys to allow airflow through the house; roof ventilation tiles and/or ventilated soffits (under the roof and guttering) to allow air through the loft; window vents added to the top of windows. Bear in mind that these measures may mean that some heat is lost from your house, so balance that against how much of a damp issue you have and consult a specialist to check the best course of action. If you don’t have a fan in your bathroom or kitchen, you should consider installing one, as these two rooms are responsible for most moisture in the home. This could cost as little as £150 each.
Contact Manchester Damp Proofing
If you spot any of the signs of condensation above in your property and would like to speak with a trusted local damp proofing company to ask any questions or arrange a free site survey and quotation for treatment please contact the team at Manchester Damp Proofing today. We cover Greater Manchester & the surrounding areas offering competitive prices and a service second to none.