How do you identify Wet rot?
Wet rot has similar characteristics to dry rot but as the mycelium is not always present which would facilitate identification, we recommend diagnosis by a qualified surveyor from Manchester Damp Proofing ( MDP).
Appearances can include the following:
- Cuboidal cracking (not as severe as dry rot)
- Mycelium – whitish/yellow at first, later yellowish/brown.
- Strands – yellowish/brown at first, later dark brown.
- Fruiting body – creamy/yellow at first, later olive/brown
- Distortion, discolouration, softness, cracking and the loss of strength of the timber.
How will Manchester Damp Proofing cure your wet rot?
After our surveyors have carried out a thorough inspection we can send our experienced technicians to the property where they will:
- Replace affected timbers and in some instances renew wall plaster
- Introduce ways to increase ventilation and drying out
- Apply preservative treatment
We will then issue you with our 20 year guarantee and unlike many of our competitors in the North West you can be comforted by our 30 year history as wet and dry rot specialists that we will be around in the future to honour our guarantees
Contact Manchester Damp Proofing ( MDP)
Surveys and quotations for the treatment of wet rot in Manchester are offered free of charge and without obligation so why not contact our team today by phone or by email to arrange a survey with a surveyor. If you would like to learn more about our range of services follow us here.